Monday, November 17, 2008

Finished!

Here it is, my first completed sweater!

IMG_3758

With a little guest.

I'm quite pleased with it. It's made of 100% wool, so it will be nice and warm, but not too warm, since I was comfortable wearing in in the sunshine in 60-ish degree weather and in windy 50-ish degree weather as well.

Well, it's actually not completely finished. I haven't 'blocked' it, which involves getting it damp and smoothing it into shape. This will help with some of the lumps that come with the color changes at the top of the sweater.

Other than that, it was a great project and I'm so glad that I finally finished a sweater, both for the finished object as well as for all I learned about putting a sweater together, sizing, working with more than one color, and improvising.

1 comment:

SaraBeth said...

It looks good! I have tomorrow off so I'm going to call you in the morning.