Sunday, August 16, 2009

Updates

I haven't been posting for a while, and there have been several reasons for that:

1. My garden has gone to pot. The zucchini were never fertilized, someone stole my red tomatoes, the carrots grew but they taste gross, and, on top of all of that, we've had the worst drought in recent history. So, the black thumb reared its ugly head. I think I will probably plant a flower garden next year.

2. While it fit perfectly when completed, my hemp top stretched in the wash. A lot. It looked more like a tunic. A very saggy tunic. So I took a deep breath and unraveled half of it to make it smaller. I'm at the armholes and I've been there for more than a month now. The other top I started is similarly stalled.

and, probably most importantly,

3. I've started working again. It's only part-time, but I'm serving as a fundraising consultant for a small arts organization. It's pretty exciting to reclaim some of my life from before kids, especially since I willingly and enthusiastically left my non-profit job three years ago. I've already submitted two proposals for funding and I think I have a full schedule ahead this fall. I am so glad to be doing something that is not kid-related.

I'll probably take a new direction in my postings. Less crafty stuff, more real world stuff. At least that's how it feels to me.

No comments: