Friday, March 13, 2009

Sewing tricks

I finished a pair of pants (actually, they are probably more like capris) today, not for me, though. Little kid pants are so quick to make, it's almost hard to resist.

IMG_4081

One of my favorite parts of making simple pants is sewing the legs together. I like to turn one leg right side out and stick it inside the other leg.

IMG_4073

For some reason, this just seems so incredibly ingenious.

I also discovered a little trick for sewing narrow leg pant hems if you don't have a free arm on your sewing machine. Sew on the inside of the hem, circling the hem around the outside.

IMG_4079

This is probably an old trick, but it's relatively new to me.

No model today, she's napping. I also have a matching top I made a while ago, so we'll share the complete ensemble later.

No comments: