Friday, September 18, 2009

Still working

I ended up having problems with the hemming, so I wasn't able to finish the dress in time (fortunately the old frump clothes weren't as bad I thought they were). I got close, but my coverstitch decided to go bonkers, so the sleeve hems were completely unpresentable. I think it might be due to the fabric, it's a kind of slinky knit. I'm probably going to hand sew them.

Anyways, the dress turned out great up until that point.

IMG_4661

The waist is supposed to be ruched, which it is, but the fabric is a bit slippery, so it falls a bit. It doesn't fall as badly when I'm wearing it, so I think it will look fine.

IMG_4662

I like the fabric. It's a fun mod print.

I've also discovered one of the unexpected hazards of letting little ones into my office/sewing room. The obvious hazards are scissors, pins, and the machines themselves. I try to keep those pushed back and out of the way as best I can, and we haven't had any problems so far. I wasn't expecting this:

crumpled patterns

Those would be crumpled up pattern pieces. I don't even know when they did that, although I'm pretty sure it was the little guy. Oh well. At least he didn't tear them up, although one did have a little hole in it.

No comments: