Friday, January 14, 2011

Amazing what you can find


Another day, another hat, because it is still cold outside and I'm going to hold onto the winter feeling for as long as possible.

I'm following a simple pattern I found at a site called Petite Purls, and it is the same pattern I used for Hannah's hat. Since I'm using variegated yarn, I won't add any fair isle, so this hat should knit up very quickly.

I'm not sure who this one will be for, I'll have to see how large it turns out. I'm using different yarn, Wool of the Andes, which is just slightly thinner than whatever worsted wool I used for the other hat. Thinner yarn means I will probably end up with a smaller hat, which probably means that Isaac's gigantic noggin is out of the question.

Hannah took her hat to school today, and, she informed me when we joined her for lunch, that she proudly wore it to recess. I, of course, added the 'proudly', but the fact that she wore it at all shows some pride, because she is very particular about what she puts on her head.

I realized today that cleaning a child's room is much easier if that child happens to be at school, so I decided to tackle Hannah's room. Among other things, I found a swatch I made that had been missing for about a year.



It was in preparation for making a top for myself, which I also had not touched for more than a year until I picked it up again a few weeks ago. As you can tell, the swatch is a little bit different from the work in progress, due to having been washed. I remembered that it was different, and I believe that I wrote down the measurements, but I don't remember where I put those. I think I'm going to have to start being a little bit more organized.

Even so, I remember it being different enough that I decided to stop working on the top until I figured out what else to do, which would probably involve making another swatch, doing more measurements, or just hoping that it turns out okay and probably ending up with an oddly sized top.

Crisis averted.

"Take a picture of Isaac!" he called when he saw the camera out.

So I did.



Who could resist?

No comments: